How do I complete a test call?
In order to complete a TalkAbroad conversation you will need a computer with an internet browser that is WebRTC enable. All modern browsers and phones with work with TalkAbroad (latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, or Safari are recommended browsers to complete conversations). You will also need a functioning microphone and video camera. Please test your equipment thoroughly to ensure they work well. If you are uncomfortable with the technology needed to successfully complete a conversation, please complete a test call ahead of time.
Before completing a test call please confirm:
- You are testing the computer you will use at the time of your conversation.
- You are connected to the same network you will be using at the time of your conversation
Live Testing with a Friend or by your own using two different devices:
- Navigate to your customized testing page
- Share the URL for your page with a friend.
- Confirm that you can see/hear each other.
- If you experience problems, reset your computer and try again.
- If you continue to have problems contact our support team using the chat at the bottom of your test